Focus on skiing and the ski mountaineering travel techniques when things get steep. The mountains surrounding the hut sport a number of classic couloirs and aesthetic lines, expect to ski them! Conditions will drive what we ski but expect to come away with skills to take on the steeps with newfound confidence.
This trip is right for me if…
- Capable double black diamond resort skier, enjoys challenging terrain but is looking to unlock their next level
- Confident and comfortable backcountry traveler
- Comfortable with multiple 3-4k’+ days of climbing
- Max 4:1 guide ratio
- Food included--meal preparation by group
- Portering of equipment to the hut
- Shuttle halfway to camp (4-miles)
- Terrain assessment and planning
- Rope work
- Ski-mountaineering knots and when to use them
- Rappelling into feature and approaches
- Belayed skiing and when to utilize
- Managing exposure
- Climbing techniques and tools
- Steep skiing turns and tricks for managing challenging terrain and snow
If your party cancels 30 days or more before the reservation, you will receive a full refund.
If your party cancels less than 30 days before the reservation, your deposit will not be refunded but you can put half the deposit on file for a future trip.
Weather and/or Operational Cancellations: If for whatever reason Fortune Peak Huts is unable to operate during your reservations, a full refund will be issued, and priority booking will be allocated for rescheduling.